Our physician and staff are dedicated to providing all of our patients with quality surgical care using proven and innovative surgical techniques. Our compassionate muti-lingual staff and surgeons seek to make our patients each feel like they have received a “VIP” experience.
As surgical specialists, we strive for successful outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction.
We strive for better quality of life for our patients through the least invasive techniques that result in a quick return to normal function and lifestyle.
We focus on making all of our patients feel welcome, as if they are a member of our “Premier” family.
Dr. Kaufman has published numerous articles and serves as a member of the editorial boards of peer-reviewed journals.
Click on the images below to view articles.
Media & Publications
Dr. Kaufman has received several awards in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the medical community including:
- Functional Properties of a Purified Reconstituted Bilayer Matrix Design Support Natural Wound Healing Activities.
Armstrong DG, Orgill DP, Galiano RD, Glat P, Kaufman J, Mehr M, Zelen CM.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2021 May 21;9(5):e3596. doi: 10.1097/GOX.0000000000003596. eCollection 2021 May.PMID: 34036030 Free PMC article.
- Use of a purified reconstituted bilayer matrix in the management of chronic diabetic foot ulcers improves patient outcomes vs standard of care: Results of a prospective randomised controlled multi-centre clinical trial.
Armstrong DG, Orgill DP, Galiano RD, Glat PM, Kaufman JP, Carter MJ, DiDomenico LA, Zelen CM.Int Wound J. 2022 Jan 9. doi: 10.1111/iwj.13715. Online ahead of print.PMID: 35001559
- Evaluating the Impact of Technique and Mesh Type in Complicated Ventral Hernia Repair: A Prospective Randomized Multicenter Controlled Trial.
Bochicchio GV, Garcia A, Kaufman J, Zhang Q, Horn C, Bochicchio K, Sato B, Reese S, Ilahi O.J Am Coll Surg. 2019 Apr;228(4):377-390. doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2019.01.PMID: 30707935 Clinical Trial.
012. Epub 2019 Jan 30.
- Placental Membrane Provides Improved Healing Efficacy and Lower Cost Versus a Tissue-Engineered Human Skin in the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcerations.
Glat P, Orgill DP, Galiano R, Armstrong D, Serena T, DiDomenico LA, Kaufman J, Carter MJ, Jacobs AM, Zelen CM.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2019 Aug 30;7(8):e2371. doi: 10.1097/GOX.0000000000002371. eCollection 2019 Aug.PMID: 31592387 Free PMC article.
- Aseptically Processed Placental Membrane Improves Healing of Diabetic Foot Ulcerations: Prospective, Randomized Clinical Trial.
DiDomenico LA, Orgill DP, Galiano RD, Serena TE, Carter MJ, Kaufman JP, Young NJ, Zelen CM.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2016 Oct 12;4(10):e1095. doi: 10.1097/GOX.0000000000001095. eCollection 2016 Oct.PMID: 27826487 Free PMC article.
- An observational pilot study using a purified reconstituted bilayer matrix to treat non-healing diabetic foot ulcers.
Armstrong DG, Orgill DP, Galiano RD, Glat PM, Kaufman JP, Carter MJ, Zelen CM.Int Wound J. 2020 Aug;17(4):966-973. doi: 10.1111/iwj.13353. Epub 2020 Apr 7.PMID: 32266774 Free PMC article.
- Use of an aseptically processed, dehydrated human amnion and chorion membrane improves likelihood and rate of healing in chronic diabetic foot ulcers: A prospective, randomised, multi-centre clinical trial in 80 patients.
DiDomenico LA, Orgill DP, Galiano RD, Serena TE, Carter MJ, Kaufman JP, Young NJ, Jacobs AM, Zelen CM.Int Wound J. 2018 Dec;15(6):950-957. doi: 10.1111/iwj.12954. Epub 2018 Jul 17.PMID: 30019528 Free PMC article. Clinical Trial.
- An aseptically processed, acellular, reticular, allogenic human dermis improves healing in diabetic foot ulcers: A prospective, randomised, controlled, multicentre follow-up trial.
Zelen CM, Orgill DP, Serena TE, Galiano RE, Carter MJ, DiDomenico LA, Keller J, Kaufman JP, Li WW.Int Wound J. 2018 Oct;15(5):731-739. doi: 10.1111/iwj.12920. Epub 2018 Apr 22.PMID: 29682897 Free PMC article. Clinical Trial.
- A Retrospective Crossover Study of the Use of Aseptically Processed Placental Membrane in the Treatment of Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcers.
DiDomenico LA, Orgill DP, Galiano RD, Serena TE, Carter MJ, Kaufman JP, Young NJ, Zelen CM.Wounds. 2017 Oct;29(10):311-316. Epub 2017 Jul 26.PMID: 28873060 No abstract available.
- A prospective, randomised, controlled, multicentre clinical trial examining healing rates, safety and cost to closure of an acellular reticular allogenic human dermis versus standard of care in the treatment of chronic diabetic foot ulcers.
Zelen CM, Orgill DP, Serena T, Galiano R, Carter MJ, DiDomenico LA, Keller J, Kaufman J, Li WW.Int Wound J. 2017 Apr;14(2):307-315. doi: 10.1111/iwj.12600. Epub 2016 Apr 12.PMID: 27073000 Free PMC article. Clinical Trial.
- Human Reticular Acellular Dermal Matrix in the Healing of Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcerations that Failed Standard Conservative Treatment: A Retrospective Crossover Study.
Zelen CM, Orgill DP, Serena TE, Galiano RD, Carter MJ, DiDomenico LA, Kaufman JP, Keller J, Young NJ, Li WW.Wounds. 2017 Feb;29(2):39-45.PMID: 28272011 Clinical Trial.
- 2001 Three cases of a small bowel intussusception in relation to a rare lesion: Inflammatory fibrous polyps.
- Digestive Surgery 2001 Vol. 18 (2) pg.142-6 Jonathan S. Zager, JP Shaw, Jarrod P Kaufman, G DeNoto, 2001
- Pneumothorax after nasoenteral feeding tube placement. Jarrod P Kaufman M.D., WB Hughes M.D., MD Kerstein M.D. American Surgeon 2001, Aug; 67(8): 772-3, 2001
- Laparoscopic appendectomy for Crohns disease of the appendix presenting as acute appendicitis., 2001
- Letter to the editor; Re: Clinical characteristics of antibiotic usage in surgical patients with Clostridium difficile- associated diarrhea The American Surgeon; March 2000; pg. 315. Jarrod P Kaufman, NZ Carp , LL Livornese, 2000
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy during pregnancy: three case reports; Journal of the Society of Laparoscopic Surgery Themis Chamogeorgakis, E. LoMenzo, RD Smink, B. Feurstein, M Fantazzio, Jarrod Kaufman, EJ Brennan, R. Russell, 1998
- Youngest member ever to be named to the Foundation Board of Directors at KMC.
- NJ Top Doctor – NJ Monthly Magazine, 2011
- Kimball Medical Center Foundation Appoints Physicians to Board, 2/15/08
- Recipient of the outstanding achievement award from the ACoS for service in 2008.
- CLP outstanding achievement award from the ACoS, 2007
- Dr. Jarrod Kaufman named cancer liaison physician, 10/5/06
- 2003 Letter to the Editor-Re: Current Treatment of Clostridium difficile- Colitis Jarrod P. Kaufman, 2003
Dr. Kaufman routinely speaks on topics of medical interest. Please check back soon for more information.
Dr. Kaufman has a tremendous sense of community and feels that it’s crucial to be a part of the bigger picture of medicine in the communities in which you practice. As such, he is an active member of the medical community, currently serving on numerous hospital and medical association committees.
- American College of Surgeons (ACoS) New Jersey State Chair for the Commission on Cancer.
- Active member on the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Technology committee.
- Longstanding member on the Jersey Shore Board of Directors of the American Cancer Society.
- One of the founding members of the Sentinel Lymph Node Workgroup Board of Trustees and Executive Committee.
- Active participant in the Sentinel Lymph Node Workgroup functions, research and fundraising.
- Former Chair of the Melanoma Workgroup of the NJ Governor’s Task Force on Cancer Prevention, Early Detection and Treatment.
- Former cancer liaison physician at both Community Medical Center (CMC) and Kimball (KMC) Hospitals.
- Former Foundation Board member at CMC Medical Center.
- Former member of the Board of Trustees of the American Society of General Surgeons (ASGS).